Monday 7 September 2009

The new arrival


Saying thanks and goodbye to John.

Monday saw the Wigeon coming into my care from the rescue centre. She had a wonderful start to her life from mum, Teasel, and John the rescue centre manager and his team! As I said I've not had a pup to bring on for 11 years so this is probably going to be a bit of a culture shock to my routine for a while. 11 years older I might be but I'm not sure about being 11 years wiser. I put in a typo of '11 years wider' then! How true that bit is.



Travelling home was fine. 60+ miles and not sick once. A re-assuring cuddle from new Granny Liz and all was well. There was a dog cage in the back in case Wigeon was horribly car sick, but not a bit of it. This 8 week old took everything in her stride and wasn't even put off by big lorries on the motorway. She arrived at her new home in Scotland and now a whole new chapter in Wigeon's life begins.

3 comments:

angryparsnip said...

What lovely pictures.
If I didn't have my scruffy Scotties and lived an ocean away. . . I would be adopting one of these pup ! That is the cutest puppy I have seen and looks like you and she picked well !

"The Boys" Watson and Hamish will be waiting for your updates ! me too...

Titus said...

Hooray. And goodness, but you're beautiful.
Best wishes for your new life, little dog.

Wigeon said...

Hi to you and your boys Parsnip. I'm really enjoying my life here in Scotland. I do get told off but I probably deserve it! My new companions are fun too and I do test the patience of a saint with the old hairy hound.


Titus, well you met me in the flesh and I thought you were great too. Did you see how fast my tail was wagging? I love meeting new people. x

I've grown a lot and so my new owner is going to put an update on asap.